30 January 2011

Orange Chiffon Cake with Orange Fresh Cream Frosting

I have baked the Orange Chiffon Cake many times (even for bake sales) but definitely a first trying to frost and decorate one. I had a craving to bake and it so happened that my close group had a gathering cum birthday celebration. So I volunteered the cake.

Whilst thinking about which cake to bake, my mind was fixed on the orange chiffon cake as it was light (we were having a BBQ so I thought a light cake would be more suitable after the heavy weights of BBQ meats and stuff) and Chef Chris's recipe has never failed me!

Now the challenge here would be, decorating the cake suitable for birthday. I couldn't simply present the plain old cake as it was for a birthday celebration right? Then I recalled Chef Keiko did a Raspberry Chiffon with frosting before, so I quickly refered to the photo taken during class previously and decided to try the frosting with fingers crossed. Sidetrack, the raspberry chiffon would be even prettier as a birthday cake but I didn't have time to go to a bigger supermarket for frozen raspberry.


Anyways, the frosting is basically just whipping cream, a little sugar and some orange puree as well as zest. (Couldn't share the cake nor frosting recipe here due to copyrights stipulated by the cooking school and chef) The tough part was definitely spreading the frosting evenly onto the cake which wasn't very well done here. I saw some mini tangerines on sale at my local supermarket so grabbed them as deco, cute right? Though not very professionally decorated, I love how the frosting on the cake turned out, a tinge of orange with bits of zest and topped with a ring of cute tangerines =D
 
I was really glad that the cake turned out good, light and moist with wonderful aroma and taste of orange, and well complemented by the fresh cream frosting surprisingly. Even hubby gave thumbs up. I believe my friends enjoyed the cake too. I could probably attempt more of such cakes for future birthday celebrations since it was so well received? Well, we'll see how it goes :)

1 comment:

  1. Merhabalar, ellerinize, emeğinize sağlık. Çok leziz ve iştah açıcı görünüyor.

    Saygılarımla.

    ReplyDelete